from the Power to Give Foundation
We are delighted to introduce what will become a regular update from our team, plus inspiration from the impact world. 2022 was an incredible year of building connections and we are looking forward to an equally amazing 2023. We could not do the work we do without you, and we are so grateful to have you in the Power To Give community.
We loved this 60 Minutes piece on an entrepreneur’s long-term approach to conservation in Gorongosa National Park.
“Why not enjoy the joy of philanthropy?” – Greg Carr
A peek inside the business model – and the heart – of the Fogo Island Inn and Shorefast.
“Many luxury hotels have a charitable foundation. Our charitable foundation has a luxury hotel.” – Zita Cobb
(* See below for details on our April Fogo Field Trip.)
The Center for Effective Philanthropy digs into the impact of MacKenzie Scott’s unrestricted grants.
“We can now support the growth of our organization and concentrate on our work… not the fundraising needed.” – Non-profit leader
In 2022, our team:
- Deployed $21 Million in unrestricted grants to 50 social impact organizations
- Leveraged an additional $3.5 Million for these groups from other philanthropic partners
- Created a community of nearly 300 changemaker organizations and difference-maker philanthropists
- Curated immersive experiences to take giving “beyond the cheque”:
- Hosted an evening of food, music and connection with The Lumineers & Sarah McLachlan
- Introduced NHL star Tyson Barrie and friends to the remote communities we work in through a unique post-concert field trip
We believe that connection inspires trust – and trust inspires generosity – so we are obsessed with bringing People, Place and Purpose together. Our exclusive, immersive trips bring philanthropists and social impact leaders together to see the impact in action… and share experiences and insights. Here’s what on tap for 2024 so far:
- Shorefast @ Fogo Island (April 13-17) explores the concept of resilient remote communities and food security. We are accepting registration for this trip now; please contact us.
- Social Impact Summit at Arowhon Pines, (June 18-22) brings our social impact organizations together for leadership training, connection… and a much-deserved recharge.
- West Coast Conservation at Nimmo Bay (October – dates and details coming soon)
- Arctic Immersion at Churchill Wild (November– dates and details coming soon)
If you have:
- Ideas… we are always looking for high-impact organizations and leaders
- Intros… we are always excited to meet other active or aspiring philanthropists
- Interest… we would be honoured to assist with your philanthropic journey
Enjoy this video from the remarkable youth of the ‘Namgis Nation.
If you found this informative and useful, please forward to a friend.
“It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokow